Wednesday 31 December 2014

My Most Anticipated Films Of 2015

Here we go, another year of great films. 2015 is going to be massive! Here are my most anticipated films of 2015:
10. Spectre (November)
I always love a good Bond film, and after the brilliant Skyfall, I can only expect the follow up to be even better. Obviously Sony had a pretty rough year in 2014 so I reckon they will be hoping to make this one as good as possible! Now, there has been a lot of negativity surrounding a leaked script for Spectre, but I imagine that this will just be great motivation for whoever is doing the rewrites to prove everyone wrong. Plus Christoph Waltz was born to play a Bond villain. Bring it on 007! 
9. Jurassic World (June)
The trailer came out to mixed reactions but I have faith that director Colin Trevorrow will do the latest instalment in the franchise justice. His previous film Safety Not Guaranteed was amazing and if he brings that kind of heart to a big blockbuster film then he will be in for a win. Also, I want to see Chris Pratt in more things, he was awesome in Guardians Of The Galaxy. I can't wait to see the Park open and back on the big screen!
8. The Good Dinosaur (November)
Pixar took a break in 2014 and they were definitely missed, so I look forward to their next project. This is the second of two films they have coming out next year and they are both original pieces! The studio is at their best when making new original stories rather than sequels and prequels. I hope The Good Dinosaur brings out the best in Pixar, their other film, Inside Out, looks and sounds great but I really like the premise of this one: 'Arlo, a 70-foot tall teenage Apatosaurus, befriends a young human boy named Spot.'
7. Midnight Special (November)
Jeff Nichols has proven himself to be one of the best directors around at the moment with Take Shelter and Mud. For that reason alone I cannot wait to see what he comes up with next. His new film follows a father and son on the run, after the dad learns his child possesses special powers. With Micheal Shannon attached, this is one is not to be missed.
6. Ant-Man (July)
The second of Marvel's two films for 2015 is Ant-Man. A troubled production may have cast a cloud over this one but I'm sure it will turn out great. Although I would have loved to have seen Edgar Wright's version of this film, I will still be turning up on day one to see if Marvel have produced another gem with Peyton Reed at the helm. Guardians Of The Galaxy proved that they could take any source material and turn it into gold and I hope that they do the same here with the relatively unknown Ant-Man.
5. The Hateful Eight (TBD)
It's always a great year when a new Quentin Tarantino film comes out. The Hateful Eight may have been in and out of development after script leaks but now it will finally be made, and I cannot wait to see what Tarnatino does with this one. His films are always a joy to watch and I imagine this one will not be an exception.
4. Silence (TBD)
Martin Scorsese is my favourite director so I am going to see whatever he makes. His latest is a passion project about two priests in the seventeenth century who travel to Japan to locate their mentor and spread the gospel of Christianity. With two brilliant actors, Andrew Garfield and Liam Neeson attached, this will surely be another awesome film added to his list.
3. That's What I'm Talking About (TBD)
For the last two years now, Richard Linklater has topped my favourite films of the year and he may do it again with his 'spiritual sequel' to Dazed And Confused. Not much is known about the film apart that it will follows the lives of college baseball students in the 80's. I have no doubt that Linklater will produce another awesome film, and because of time period it should also feature another one of his epic soundtracks! I for one cannot wait to see this.
2. Avengers: Age Of Ultron (April)
When the first Avengers film came out in 2012 I was over the moon, never did I think I would see these characters on the screen together. Joss Whedon did not disappoint and I have feeling that Avengers: Age Of Ultron will blow the first film out of the water. I cannot wait for this film, the trailer was great and Ultron is even better and more menacing than I expected. I hope this lives up to my expectations.
1. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (December)
I knew this film would be on my list but it wasn't until the awesome teaser trailer appeared that it topped it. When the Millennium Falcon appeared in all it's glory I was taken back to my childhood, watching the films, playing with the action figures and being completely obsessed with the world. From the moment that the trailer ended the excitement started and I only wish the film was coming out earlier, because the anticipation is agonising! This is definitely my most anticipated film of 2015.

2015 is going to be an awesome year for film, there are loads more that I am excited for, not just the ones above. I hope everyone has a great New Year and remember to keep up with my blog to find out what I think about these films when they come out and more!

What are you looking forward to watching? Let me know in the comments below.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment!