Monday 14 November 2011

First Film Post

Hello, I'm Alex and this is my first blog. As you can tell from the title it is a film blog. In my blogs I will be writing about the latest film news and my opinions on them. I will also be reviewing a wide range of films and maybe I'll look at some TV shows. But for my first blog I wasn't sure what I should write about So I thought maybe I would let you get to know me more and share with you my top ten films! My top ten films are in no particular order and I'm sorry if you don't agree with them but I will give you my reasons why also. Here they are:

- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
I love this film! It is a love story in reverse and is one of the most beautiful and emotional films I have ever seen! Michel Gondry uses practical effects to turn this into one of the most interesting and intriguing films ever. Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet deliver one of there best performances on screen. This is also one of Jim Carrey's more serious roles and it proves that the rubber faced actor can act!

- Fight Club
Where do I start with this film! One of the most amazing films ever made and David Fincher's best film to date. Brad Pitt and Edward Norton star in this shocking, violent and crazy film, which shows Edward Norton's character struggle through his life with insomnia until he meets soap maker Tyler Durden. I won't spoil the twist for anyone but it is really a mind boggler! Davind Fincher is one of my favourite directors and this really is one of my favourite films. A true classic!

- Kick Ass
The ultimate (wannabe) superhero movie ever? This really is a brilliant film. It has a really good comic book indie feel to it and is every comic book fans dream! Personally I think its Nicholas Cage's best performance to date and who didn't fall in love with the sweary, violent Hit-Girl after watching this film? This film lives up to it's name and Kicks Ass!

- The Godfather
This is many peoples favourite film (including my mum). I only got round to watching it last year but entered my top ten instantly! Two words! Marlon. Brando.

- Iron Man
 (I had a my 50 word review of this amazing film posted on totalfilm.com so that is being used for my reason below.)
Tony Stark plays a great Robert Downey Jr. Or is that the other round? It exceeded all expectations and started the road to what could be the ultimate super hero movie, The Avengers. Well done to Jon Favreau who brought a comic legend to life with respect and dignity. One of the best super hero films to date.

- Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back
I love the Star Wars saga, preferably the originals and my favourite of them all is the extraordinary Empire Strikes Back. This was the point when the franchise grew up and became the ultimate sci-fi movie of all time. Everything about this film makes you scream YES! And that is why I love it!

- Goodfellas
Yes another period gangster movie, I am a sucker for them. Better then then The Godfather? Not sure. But it is incredible, a funny and emotional take on the uprising of an american gangster. I love Martin Scorsese and this truly is his best to date, though all of them are amazing. Has the man ever made a bad film?

- Spider-Man 2
If you have read my about me section then you already know I'm a massive fan of Spider-Man and if you didn't, you just found out. So I'm sure you guessed one of the trilogy was going to end up on here (though I'm guessing you know the thrid one won't be). But why the second film? Because unlike the first, this goes straight into the action and pleases fans everywhere when the film creates the perfect villain Doc Ock. And the fight scene on the train is one of mmy all time faviroute film scenes of all time!

- The Dark Knight
Like the Spider-Man series, the second film in the Batman series is the best (so far). This really is the perfect film and perfect superhero film. Christian Bale is a great actor and put against Heath Ledger's incredible villain The Joker this film really is a crowd pleaser. Nobody makes a film like Christopher Nolan. And as for the third upcoming film... In Nolan We Trust!

-Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Robert Downey Jr. is one of my all time faviroute actors and yes, I have a major man crush on him! In this film he really makes me laugh, it is a great film and I can't wait to see what director Shane Black does with his latest project Iron Man 3. The film is like a hate letter to Hollywood and I love it!

And that concludes my top ten faviroute film list. I hope you liked my first blog post and I will hopefully have another soon! Please comment! You can also follow me on twitter if you want @SuperAlexMan

Thank you for reading! I'l post again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment!