Monday 5 December 2011

An Amazing Looking Remake!?

No I am not a big fan of remakes. I find that Hollywood just can't come up with anything original anymore or Americans can not read subtitles. Don't get me wrong i would prefer to watch a film without subtitles but if it is a good foreign film then you should give it credit, subtitles or not. I am a big fan of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo book and its follow ups and I was a really big fan of the Swedish film (with subtitles!).

So when I heard that Hollywood were looking to remake it 'American Style' I wasn't too impressed! Most remakes have a pretty bad track record. But I got even angrier at Hollywood at the Oscars where the film (which they loved so much they are going to turn it into a remake) had no recognition or nominations at all! I was fuming! I can feel myself getting a bit angry now.

But the I hear that David Fincher, a legend in the directing world and one of personal favourites, is going to making it I felt much better!

But then the casting. Who could match Noomi Rapace's Lisbeth Salander!? I was secretly hoping she would work on the remakes as well but dreams don't always come true. Then Rooney Mara was cast. The girl from the terrible remake of The Nightmare on Elm Street! The girl who had a 5 minute role in The Social Network. I wasn't happy at all. Even when the pictures of her in character were released, I still wasn't convinced.

But there was a silver lining in the casting department! Daniel Craig was cast as Mikael Blomkvist! Which I think was perfect casting as he suits the role so well! So something to be happy about!

So next came the poster, which had some controversial nudity. But this made me a little bit happier as that meant that David Fincher was not going to hold out on some of the horrific themes that are portrayed in the book, something the Swedish film looked at well but not in much detail.

Then came the teaser trailer. The soundtrack was amazing. The editing was amazing. And it really got you buzzed 'The feel bad movie of Christmas'. LOVE IT!

Then came the full trailer. And it still looks amazing, and Rooney Mara took the role on head first and really looks like she has done a great job, which I was surprised. Daniel Craig also looked awesome, though I was a little confused as to why he had a no Swedish accent like the characters did? And dare I say it... I actually think this film looks better then the Swedish version!

And from the 8 minute extended trailer I just watched, this film definitely looks like it's going to be very true to the books!

I ma very excited about this film! And cannot wait for it to be released on Boxing Day! But unfortunately the film is most likely to be rated an 18, so I will have to wait until January before I will be able to see it. But as soon as I turn 18 I will run out of the house and catch the first bus to the cinema!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment!