Sunday 28 September 2014

Quick Reviews #9

It's been a while since I have posted on here. Sorry about that, many different things going on right now! But I have spare moment, so I thought I would do another round of quick reviews. This one being a bit different though. I am going to list off a whole bunch of films I watched recently and give a few sentences worth of review  followed by a rating. Let me know if it works. Enjoy!

They Came Together
Stupidly funny. Like Airplane! but for romcoms, a genre I'm not a fan of but this film makes fun of them in a way that is great for people like me but still has enough love for the fans. One of the funniest films I have seen this year. Be warned the trailer doesn't do it any justice. 
4/5

A Million Ways To Die In The West
Completely the opposite to They Came Together. Not funny, I maybe laughed once. Had some funny concepts but never pulled them off correctly. I love Family Guy but I feel like Seth Macfarlane was trying too hard here. I wouldn't give up fully on his start of live action films but this was just awful.
1/5

Maleficent
Looked pretty stylish but was let down by dull and uninspiring script that didn't do enough to show just how good Angelina Jolie is. Action was cool but the story took an iconic villain and didn't make her that villainous, just a bit boring.
2/5

Chef
I like these kind of films. Loved Jon Favreau in it. Came off as a bit overly nice. I like nice, but felt there was too much of it in this film, everything concluded the way you expected it to. Food looked incredible.
3/5

Edge Of Tomorrow
An absolutely brilliant sci-fi film. I like the time travel Groundhog Day aspect to it. Was like Source Code on a bigger scale. I wish it hadn't turned into a generic action film at the end but overall was very enjoyable to watch. Cruise and Blunt are both very good.
4/5

Cold In July
Loved this film! Didn't know much going in, I recommend you do the same. It's a crazy thriller that constantly changes your expectations as to where the film is heading. Cool and stylish with an awesome soundtrack. Just watch it, one of my favourite films this year.
5/5

I hope you enjoyed these short reviews, I like doing it this way so might do one again soon. Give me some feedback in the comments below, let me know if you agree or disagree with any of my opinions. 

Thanks for reading!

Go watch Cold In July!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment!